Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA with Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

epayne

MIS
May 17, 2002
US
We are currently running Exchange 2000 sp3 with OWA using SSL and Clear Text or Integrated Windows Authentication. We had to enable Integrated Windows Authentication for the Mobile Information Server we have. Over the last week users running XP have not been able to login to OWA using IE with their domain\username. Windows 2000 and other browsers run fine. I also noticed that if I turn off Integrated Windows Authentication in the users Internet Explorer options, everything goes back to normal. My question is, has anyone else noticed a change in OWA and Windows XP and how can I modify my OWA security settings so that I don't have to instruct everyone using Windows XP and IE on how to adjust their internet settings?

Disable Windows Integrated Authentication, since it requires client to use latest version of Internet Explorer

Just use Plain-text authentication

I had clients who used Opera and Netscape web browsers and this only worked with OWA after I disabled Windows Integ Authen and just used Clear text authen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back