Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA, which Browser ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdr67

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2002
NZ
Hi,

I have set up Exchange 2000 to use OWA, however, I've been hearing from the users that it doesnt appear to work on certain browsers and OS? Has anyone heard of a similar problem - or is there a recommended MS standard for using OWA. Works OK on IE 6.0 and XP, but havent tried others yet, any suggestions?

Ta

We have used versions from IE4 to IE6 and they all worked. As well as Netscape 4.77. Haven't tested with higher versions of Netscape. The only problem we ever had was with clients who did not have accept cookies option enabled. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Thanks, thats good to hear, do you think different OS may be the problem.

Will try the cookies option.

Ta

We are running Solaris, Win 98, WinNT and Win 2000. Neither of the OSs had any problems that were specific to just that OS or that were serious.

If you have more details on the issues your users are having we may be able to provide you with more definite answers. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Well, rang around a few users and it appears that the majority of them have been trying to access webmail at internet cafes, so cant exactly say which IE versions they were running. But what is weird is that some of them receive the login box of username and password and others recieve a login box that is username, password and domain ? Bizzare. I have an NT user with IE5 who swears that he cant access OWA. Anyway thanks for your help, I will have to spend a day wandering around internet cafes trying it out !

I was wondering what the final outcome was to the original problem presented here.

Was it an OS problem or a browser problem? I am having the same problem with some users being able to log into OWA and some not. My users experienceing this problem can get in using outlook when they are on the LAN, but once they are off the LAN (at home) they can not get in.

Also, has anyone had problems with OWA and AOL?

Hi,
I have Outlook 2000 server with OWA and users with any version of AOL and/or any version of Netscape cannot access the Inbox, inside- or outside- the LAN.
Only IE works -- any version.

It was not always like this. There was a time when all browsers worked OK, but I don't know what I may have changed on the server.

Any suggestions?

Daniel He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
- Jim Elliot

[neutral]Thanks, that is what we had figured it must be. Sounds like there is a confilct with the microsoft product(s) and the AOL/Netscape product(s)- since they are one in the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back