Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA vbscript error

Status
Not open for further replies.

icaro2020

MIS
Oct 6, 2003
US
Here's the situation:

Setting up exchange 5.5 on windows 2000 server. Install went fine and mail is working ok. Now I'm setting up OWA on our IIS 5 server in the DMZ. Setup says it installed ok, but when I try to browse to the exchange page from within IIS (on local machine) I get the following error:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the localhost home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A000D)
Type mismatch: 'Session'
/exchange/USA/lib/session.inc, line 13

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Page:
GET /exchange/USA/logon.asp

Time:
Tuesday, October 28, 2003, 4:45:07 PM

Any suggestions?

the easy but bad anwser is in Local policy give the everyone group "login localy" rights. you might just need the "I...." users to have it but i am not sure i am at the next error....
Fun is fun is...
gosemer

I asked this same question on this forum several weeks ago and the silence was deafening. Either the wizards that frequent this site felt it was beneath them to answer or (shudder) they didn't know the answer. Anyway, here is what I determined:

1. When OWA installs, it creates a virtual directory in the default web site. Open Internet Services Manager and make sure it is there. Make sure the default web site is started. Open Internet Explorer and go to This should render the logon.asp page.

2. There are a whole list of other things to check that involve IIS permissions, Local Security Policy, removing and re-registering DLLs and setting permissions on registry keys. But as I have found the hard way, it is better to take these things one step at a time.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back