Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA, Unable to Render View, Message List View

Status
Not open for further replies.

felixg2000

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2004
US
Hi all,

Exchange 5.5 running on w2k for OWA only. Mailboxes on another server.

Problem 1 - One and only one user reports seeing the message "Unable to Render View" when they logon and they do not see the contents of their inbox. If they click on View->Refresh they see their inbox no problem.

I know that viewing a public calendar through OWA results in seeing this message (MS Unsupported thing) but this is just when they logon and nothing else.

Problem 2 - Everyone else that logs in gets the same choice for Customizing Message List:

By Sender
By Subject
By Conversation Topic
Unread Messages by Conversation Topic

Whereas this user gets:

By Sender
By Subject
By Conversation Topic
Unread Messages by Conversation Topic
(default)

If anyone has any idea about this last one in particular, please let me know. Thanks.

Felix

Has the one user you are talking about recently had their Outlook upgraded? I know you are talking about OWA, but I had this same situation awhile back.

Regards

Unfortunately, the user is travelling and I have no idea what client they are using. No IE version #, OS, Patch levels, or anything of that sort. I don't even know (yet) if they get the error on every machine they use or just the one they reported the problem on.

I will post with more info IF I ever get it. They haven't replied to my questions. Thanks for the feedback.

Felix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back