Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA to access servers in multiple sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevd

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2000
GB
We currently have multiple (Exchange and physical) sites, only one of which is served by a OWA server. We would like users whose mailboxes are on Exchange 5.5 servers in the other sites to use OWA through the same server. Is this possible, and how would we go about getting it done?

Thanks in advance.

Kev

I too am having an issue trying to get users in multiple Exchange sites across multiple NT domains to access their email via the OWA server. I have tried using the following when logging on :

domainname/username

and am unable to connect to any other sites besides the one that resides at the OWA level. Can anyone help??

I have logged on here to find an answer to the same question.

Did you find out how to do it in the end ? Here is a synopsis of my request for info....

The Exchange 5.5 environment :-
One Exchange Organisation with multiple sites. Each office is a site with it's own Exchange Server.

There is an Enterprise Exchange server which links the sites using X400 connectors. The mailbox properties can all be viewed from the
Enterprise server, but the actual databases are of course on each individual office Exchange server.

At present, the Head Office has a Site Server (IIS) with OWA Exchange component, publishing mailboxes for the Head office users on a web site.

The desire is to be able to publish pages for other remote office users from the same site server at Head Office. The remote Office user mailbox databases are on the server in the remote office

The following paragraph was taken from Technet

The Exchange Server used for crawling, the Outlook Web Access server, and the Exchange Server that is connected to the Outlook Web Access server do not have to be the same computer. However, both Exchange Servers must be in
the same organisation, and must share the Public folders. Specifying different computers for the Exchange Server in the Microsoft Exchange configuration properties and the Exchange Server connected to the OWA server
allows you to access messages from one location and display them from another.

However, it appears that the OWA component of Exchange will only allow the configuration of one Exchange server.

Is it possible to publish the mailboxes of more than one site (ie more than one office Exchange server) from the Head office server box ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back