Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Takes very long to Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGA

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
AU
My Outlook Web Access takes very long E.g 2-3 min to load. I have pentium 4--- 1.7 GHz Machine. 768 MB RAM --40 GB hard disk Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 and Exchange 2000 SP 3. Even it takes very long to load inside the Exchange server and from outside. Can some tell me what could be the reason.

I am confused here...

You mention some stats about your computer. Are these the stats for the server running Exchange 2000, or the client you are using to access OWA?

aga,

what you need to check are

1. are you using scsi hard disk.
2. Is your exchange 2000 also a domain controller.
3. How many users do you have on your domain.

The answer to the questions above will determine how to answer the question

later
deeperdeeper

AGA

What authentication methods are you using within IIS for OWA? Is Anonymous access enable/disabled? Does this problem occur AFTER you login (using integrated windows authentication I assume?) Also, I would check to see if the server itself lists any application or system errors in event viewer.

For Jasonaedward

Reply: Yes the Hardware mentioned is the exchange 2000 server hardware.

For Deeperdeeper

Reply:
1 Yes SCSI hard disk

2 It is a domain controller

3 5 user

For Russrtw

Reply: The authentication methods I am using within IIS for OWA? Is Anonymous access enable

The event viewer is not spitting any event relating to exchange

The Problem is Solved after removing Nortons Security Professional 2003 for Windows 2000 Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back