Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA SSL not working using lan ip, server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

offmyrocker

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2003
AU
Can get OWA working on the LAN fine using the host name of the machine, but not the ip address, keeps prompting for a logon and even when I use the admin credentials it will not work. Any ideas?

Just another quick note, the reson I'm trying to get this working on the internal ip, is because I want to get it working externally using the static ip.

Ping the IP and see if it resolves the name. You should use your own credentials, not admin. Do you get an error?

I can ping the ip and when i ping the host name it resolves the ip. It's not the owa login screen, it's a server windows login that pops up, if that makes any sence. When i use the it goes straight to owa, but when I use it prompts me a small windows looking for a logon, and even when I use the users details, it won't logon.

I believe that you are actually getting the Excahnge login screen. I have run in to an issue that sounds very similar to yours and if I understand correctly you are looking for the web login not a pop up window login. I think if you want to get the web login you have to do some additional configuration.

When you get that pop up box to type in your credentials type in your full email address (johndoe@somewhere.com) not just your username and then type your password and see if that lets you in.

Mike Walton
Network+ CCENT
Free Tech Articles at

Okay FireMike84, you the man, that worked, used the full address, user@domain.local.
Then checked out what Zelandakh suggests and have setup forms based authentication and that also worked.
Great! Thanks guys!

So now I can access owa using both the lan & static ip.

My next step is to get rid of the 'There is a problem with this website's security certificate'.

What is the best practice in this case?

Note I will be eventually pointing for example owa.domain.com to the static ip.

Buy an ssl certificate for the domain you whant to use. Your hosting provider or local certificate office should be able to help you, or you could go directly to the issuers, like Thawthe or GoDaddy.

HTH
TonHu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back