Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Public Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2002
US
When i log into my exchange 5.5 mailbox via Outlook web access I am able to see the public folder list. However when i click on one of the folders it does not display any items. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks.....Jim

Service Pack Exchange Server. Keep in mind that OWA for Exchange 5.5 has some serious limitations. You will not be able to see public Calendaring. Exchange 2000 OWA is much better. Sorry I could not be more helpful...

I am not looking to do anything fancy...I just want to be able to access my public folders from OWA...and be able to post to them....right now I can see the folder list but i cannot open the folders....and obiviously I can't post them....Thanks Again...

Jim

Check your "rights" and "Role" for the folder(s)
I do this from from my desk - I've never tried it while using OWA.
Select the folder - right click - select properties - select permissions tab.

Do I need to try that from an outlook client? Because When I do that I don't get the same options that you mentioned. I can right click and get to propeties but my tabs are:

General Homepage Summary

I am using outlook 2000 as my client....when I check the client permissions from the exchange administrator program, the permissions seem to be correct to allow users to access the folders.....Even with full control of the folder i cannot access the folders from owa....I can access them from my outlook client (outlook 2000)....any more suggestions?

Thanks,
jim

There are a ton of limitations of Exchange 5.5; go to

There are a couple of asp's on your server you need to replace. It looks like they have a ton of other mods too, but I haven't tried them yet.

This did the trick for me;I found the link in an earlier post in this form; sorry, I can't find it now, but thanks to the guy who originally posted it!

Shipmate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back