Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA problem with different domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick118

Technical User
Jan 14, 2004
NL
We have two domain's. DomainA and DomainB

DomainA has an exchange server 2003.

Users that are logging in ona a terminal server in DomainB use a OWA to check their mail.
they connect to username: domainA\user
password: password

This always worked but since a couple of days it doesn't there hasn't changed anything. I get the page and it is asking for username/password but then it shows a part of the page and then it asks again for username/password

Any idea's

We have had times where in a second domain it asks twice then works. but a couple of days ago leads me to think patches were released a little bit ago does it download them automaitcaly or have they been applied?

We haven't installed any patches or whatever.

The funny thing is that if you try OWA from DomainA there is no problem so it is working only not from terminal server in domainB

I would start checking events or issue with the terminal server first. Looks like some process is 'loosing' authentication information.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Well i ckecked all the logs on the terminal server. Nothing in there.

I then checked all the logs on the exchange server and i see the user gets logged on and then logged off allmost the same second.

I got it working again.

On virtual server i changed the properties of FBA to on and restarted everything and then back to off and now it is all working again.

Really the reason i don't now but it had something to do with IIS and virtual server in exchange manager.

Thanks for thinking with me people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back