Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Permisions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

swoodsmcse

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2001
US
Is there any way to restrict certain users or groups from accessing and using OWA?

-Scott

Don't tell them it exists :)

There isn't a check box if thats what your looking for. You could setup explicit virtual directories based on users but that would be a huge task and haven't tested it.

You could disable HTTP Protocol in 5.5 not sure if that is still an option. Check on the user properties and see. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

The only people who can use OWA are those who have "log on locally" access. Create a group called log on local, add it to the log on locally advanced permissions and populate it with people who are allowed to use OWA.

No one else can log onto OWA...

Zelandakh,

could you explain in better detail how to accomplish this.
Thanks

Scott

go to user manager for domains, create a local group called log on locally and populate it with people who get to use OWA. Then choose policies, user rights, and log on locally. Add in the log on locally group.

Tis done.

apols, I'm in the wrong forum, that's how to do it under NT4 for OWA on 5.5. Not sure how to do it on 2000/2000.

You can turn off the http protocol in Exchange admin for specific users.

Reno

Actually there is just a check box. I'm surprised that Xybertron didn't know that :). In Active Directory Users and Computers select View - Advanced Options. Now double-click on the specific user account and choose Exchange Advanced - Protocol Settings. Now, select HTTP - Settings. You will see an option that states 'Enable for mailbox'. Make sure you de-select this option.

That's it...

I'm in the Admin group OWA is another group. I was almost there :)

"You could disable HTTP Protocol in 5.5 not sure if that is still an option. Check on the user properties and see." Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back