Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Password Change not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLG

MIS
Dec 19, 2001
US
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 SP2 and I've just setup the OWA password change feature according to this guide
The main difference is I had to configure OWA to run on SSL on port 8043 since 443 was already in use. Everything is working fine except the password change feature. When I try to change the password in prompts me for the domain, account, old and new password but when I enter all the information and hit submit my IE page acts like it can't connect to the server.

Do I have to run the password change feature on SSL port 443 for it to work or is there a way to make it work on a different port?

Thanks in advance!

That's a bummer. I can't use 443 because it's in use by another application. Thanks for the reply.

Another website I have running on this server.

If you run that site off the default site then all will be well again and the whole of IIS can use 443.

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

Please report back on progress in case anyone else has to do similar.

Sure. I have to wait for a weekend to make the change but I'll post the results here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back