Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Page cannot be displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzgc

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2005
US
I am able to get the logon popup window after I put in the user name and password I get the page cannot be displayed. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas.

Thanks,

BENZ

yes and it took me forever to figure out what i was forgetting, open up the IIS on the exchange server, open up the server, websites, and go to the properties of "EXCHANGE", it should look like a folder with the globe on it, on the first tab"virtual directory" mid was down you see "aplication name" the box will be grayed out and the button next to it will say create, click create and leave it as default "Exchange", starting point will set itself, "scripts only", "ExchangeApplicationPool"

save all that and you will be up and going, now if you want to set SSL and other settings, further tweaking will be necessary

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

--"WOW-- What a Ride!"

Thanks, I tried that but I think now its a setting on my firewall because after doing you suggestion now it says the page may no be available. Does OWA use a specific port?

BENZ

If you havnt setup SSL with OWA it will be using port 80.
If SSL is used (which it should be) it will be using Port 443.

Are you running your own web server? as i would check on your firewall to see if web traffic is port forwarded to the webserver, but i dont think this will be it as its offering you a login screen.

Can you access it locally? i.e.

Yes. This just happened to us 2 days ago and had to contact MS for support. This will reset all the settings from exchange. All you would have to do is turn back on Forms based Authentication if you use it.

Related Knowledge Base Articles:
================================
883380 How to reset the default virtual directories for Outlook Web Access in

Thanks, did both soultions and now it says that the server is unavailable.

Any Ideas?

Thanks Benz

One more thing I can access OWA internally it is externally that I get the page is unavailable.

Okay this one is wierd.
I have a 100 WAN connections (DSL) about twenty of these sites cannot bring up OWA. It authenticates, then loads the blue bar down the middle and just hangs at that point. I running exchange 2003, server 2003/SP2. I have not installed latest exchange patches, but I am running SP1 for Exchange. Everything work fine for about over a year and then I got a call from help desk saying that 3 stores were experiencing the same problem. It's now been a full 24 hours and we're up to about 20 stores with the exact same problem.
Quick backgground
1. OWA is a SSL Site, however the stores experiencing the problem can acces other SSL sites in our network
2. The other 80+ sites aren't experiencing this problem
3. I tried several user accounts with same results
4. OWA works fine locally and from internet
4. This past weekend we moved about seventy-five local connection to different switch ports (wiring cleanup). The exchange server, WAN router, or Firewall were not moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back