Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA, one user can not connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

towntopic

Technical User
May 15, 2003
US
We are using OWA here in the office and a remote user is having problems getting in. He's using XP Pro, gets to the login screen and types in DOMAIN\username and password. Everytime he gets Error 401:1.

At first I thought it might be a user issue, but when he tries with my login and password, he gets the same result. I've been using my account for the past 3 months, never with a problem.

Is there something on his end that might be causing this? I'm pretty stuck as what to tell him.

Thanks.
john

I'm sorry, I posted before I had enough information. He is using AOL dial up and I ran him through the usuall AOL OWA troubleshooting. I had him connect and then open IE and try that way instead of going through the AOL browser which does some strange proxy stuff when talking to other computers. He couldn't get to OWA through IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back