Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA on Win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattl

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2002
DE
All,

I have just installed a new exchange server ( Exchange 5.5 on a Win2k Server in an Win NT 4.0 domain ). I have installed IIS and OWA..... when I try to login to the new server I get the login request enter username & password (domain\username) then i get the web access logon page - I enter my mailbox name, press enter and get the login request again. When I enter my username & password the screen just reappears and will not log me in. HELP.

My Domain Users group has logon locally rights.

Well it sounds like a permissions issue. So try messing with the permission settings in IIS. This is just a shot in the dark but try logging in with just a user name and not the domain in front of it. Try giving yourself domain admin access and try that. If you have an everyone group all them log on locally access. It just sounds like a permission issue so I would give everyone full access in IIS and to the w2k server and just start from there. Change one securyt setting, then try out owa see if it still works thn go change another etc...

Is your mailbox on that server, or one of your prior servers? If it's on another server, then you're having the same problem I am - not being able to get OWA to work unless it's on the same server as the users' mailboxes. It's irritating the hell out of me, because I've got the permissions and the authentication methods set the way they're supposed to be, and it always worked before...it just quit working all of a sudden.

I guess it's an undocumented feature. Sigh...

My OWA is working from outside the network.... I'm having problems accessing OWA from inside my network

go into echange on IIS and select properties / directory security tab and click the edit button to anonymous access.
Make sure all the tick boxes are ticked, this should cure the problem

An answer also to geniph, this happened to me and is a recognised fault, install exchange service pack 4 it will cure the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back