Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Login problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatSeaSpider

Programmer
Jul 14, 2003
GB
Hi all,

One of our clients has a nice new SBS2K3 box running along side an old NT4 SBS (which makes life interesting!)

OWA worked fine until recently when I installed SP1 for exchange 2003 and GFI Mail Security. Now when users try to log in using OWA, they enter their details and OWA replies:

"You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Make sure your domain\user name and password are correct, and then try again."

I've tried it myself and i'm baffled. It must have been caused by the install of SP1/GFI, but i cant remove either and need OWA working
:(

anybody got any ideas?

cheers,

Pete

Have had this problem myself and the only thing I could get from microsoft was that before sp1 you could just enter you logon name and password, but after installing sp1, you have to enter Domain\logon name and password. Have tried this, and although I can login from certain places, other places repeatedly asks for to enter my logon details before telling me access was denied.

M J Callaghan

Some things to check:

1. Try using username and password that has domain admin rights. If you can log on then there are permission issues in OWA's directories on the drive itself. If this step works, stop here. If not:

2. Try using domain\username and password. If you can log on then try below:

It'll not worry about a domain after you make this change. And you should then be able to log on with just username/password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back