Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Loading... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterleo

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2003
Ok, i have tried several things to remedy this problem. When I use OWA, I am able to login, but it says loading... I cannot get any further than this. I have followed the instructions in this article:
Any suggestions?

Thank you for your response. OWA worked flawlessly for years with trend micro installed. It suddenly started doing this a few days ago. I was not there durring the installation of trend, so I do not know if it is installed incorrectly. How can I tell this?

Leo

The link shows you how to tell.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Ok, Trend is installed on the default web site. I am having a hard time buying it is trend doing this. OWA worked flawlessly for years with trend installed and all of the sudden it stops working. Is there a way I can test this or is there a way I can re-install trend to a virtual IIS directory without losing all of my settings?

Thanks,

Leo

Backup the web site configuration to a file. Create a new virtual web site using that file.

Remove the non-Trend stuff from the new site and remove the Trend stuff from the Default site. Use the Trend KB posted above.

I have seen things go bad with Trend updates, did you recently get a program update (not definitions)?

Regards,

Mark

Ok, I have moved trend to a virtual site and that is working ok, but my OWA is stil not working. This is driving me crazy (very short trip already). Any other ideas?

Leo

OK, you moved it, but what changes did you make to the default site?

Regards,

Mark

I removed the trend stuff in the default site.

Leo

Did you do this:

1. Remove the custom MIME type from the default Web site and from the Exchange Server virtual directories on the server. To do this, follow these steps:a. Open Internet Information Service (IIS) Manager.
b. Expand ServerName, and then expand Web Sites.
c. Right-click default Web site, and then click Properties.
d. Click the HTTP Headers tab, and then under MIME types, click MIME Types.
e. In the list of registered MIME types, click .* application/octet-stream, and then click Remove.
f. Click Yes to confirm the removal.
g. Click OK two times.
h. In the Inheritance Overrides dialog box, click the following items, and then click OK:• Exadmin
• Exchange
• exchange-oma
• OMA
• Public
Note To select multiple items, press and hold down the CTRL key as you click each item in the list.
i. Right-click default Web site, and then click Stop.
j. Right-click default Web site, and then click Start.
k. Quit Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
l. Restart IIS. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. At the command prompt, type iisreset, and then press ENTER.
3. Type exit, and then press ENTER

Regards,

Mark

I did do this, but the application/octet-stream was not there. I had tried to do this earlier, that is when I noticed the application/octet-stream was not in the MIME settings.

Leo

OH, and make sure that before connecting you empty your Temporary Internet Files.

Regards,

Mark

I'll try that tonight, when i did that the other day I had to restart the server, I don't want to do that and make everyone mad at me again, so it will have to wait until later, thanks.

Leo

Ok, I reset the high water marks again. Still the same problem. I then realized an update to IE6 was released about the same time I started experiencing this. I decided to test this by using Firefox. It works perfectly with Firefox. My users will not do well with change, so I need to find a remedy other than changing everyone to firefox. Any suggestions?

Leo

Do you know which update it was? Have you tried removing the update and seeing if it resolves the issue?

Sounds like you have isolated it to be a client problem and not an Exchange problem so that should help you.

I'd load up IE7 beta2 and see if you have problems with that version.

If you can confirm it is a problem with a hotfix, you can call MS for a free support case.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks Caheem1, but nothing remedied this problem. I have installed IE& Beta, and no change. This makes no sense to me. I'm at the end of my rope. Do you think uninstalling OWA only then reinstalling it would help?

Leo

I think the problem is with IE and not OWA. It works under FireFox, that tells you it is an IE problem.

Does it work in IE if you select Basic Mode instead of Enhanced Mode?

Regards,

Mark

Mark, of course, you are correct. I forced users to use basic, and Viola, it works. From what I can tell, basic works just as well as enhanced, its just not as pretty. Is that correct? What now?

Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back