Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA install cdohtml.dll problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcardle

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2001
GB
I am trying to install Outlook Web Access (OWA) from an Exchange 5.5 set-up CD onto a Windows 2000 Professional workstation. I have done this before and it worked fine.

IIS is installed. W2K is service-packed. I have checked all the MS knowledge-base for answers, but now I'm stuck.

Right at the end of the install, it bombs out with this error:

"Self registration of the DLL C:\exchsrvr\bin\cdohtml.dll failed: 0d"

followed by:

"Processing file 'D:\SERVER\SETUP\I386webcons.ins', at or near line 838. The specified procedure could not be found."

I have followed all the trouble-shooting, manually registered the DLL, but I'm stuck. A similar error on the MS knowledgebase suggests uninstalling terminal services and then installing OWA, but this is W2K Pro and TS isn't on it.

Any kind soul out there with the answer?

I'm having the exact same problem as you are. I had OWA running fine on an older machine, but due to some hardware changes around here, installing it on a newer server is giving me grief. I'm having a feeling it has something to do with SP4 on Windows 2000 server. Have you found a solution yet?

i installed it ok on 2000 the other day
or well install went ok - could service pack exchange as well but when i tried to login - it kept saying cant find server

i tried it on 2 nt4 servers and got weird errors so gave up in disgust

probably spend 4 hours on it

yet on my groupwise side - took me 10 mins to install it on apache on netware , and also 10 mins to install it on iis on 2000

the owa install is just awful

I did fix it in the end - by passing it on to my Network Administrator! She's off sick just now, but I'll ask her how she did it when she returns.

I got mine to work. I replaced the cdohtml.dll file that was on the server with the one suppled on the install CD, the reapplied SP4, and all is working now. YahoO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back