Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA has blown away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

disintegration

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2005
The only change I believe I've made was when I tried to change the Directory Security of the Default Web Site to Grant access to everybody........instead of Denying access by default, only allowing "127.0.0.1" and "192.168.1.250/255.255.255.0".

Maybe I applied it to the wrong "child nodes"; I'm not sure. But, I do know that none of my IIS sites work anymore. I get the standard "page cannot be displayed" error.

Also, I noticed that the W3SVC1 logs stopped yesterday, which is when I made the change, to my knowledge. Also, the HTTPERR logs report a curious slew of:
2005-09-23 15:29:15 - - - - - - - - - 1_Connections_Refused -
2005-09-23 15:29:40 - - - - - - - - - 2_Connections_Refused -
2005-09-23 15:31:05 - - - - - - - - - 1_Connections_Refused -

Anybody have any ideas? :)

-----
Space travel's in my blood.

If you are running IIS6 open a command line on your IIS server and type the following:
iisback /list
You may have a copy of the iis metadata backed up. if you do type
iisback /restore /b filename

Read up on iisback it will save you a world of hurt. I you don't have a backup then when you get your web server fixed type the following
iisback /backup /b filename - This will create a backup.

Anytime you run into some trouble you can always revert back.

Thanks for that tip... I'll be sure to do that. I definitely don't have a backup.

-----

Actually, I'm lead to believe that it may be the fact that we're running very low on space on the drive we use for virtual memory page filing... in conjunction with a low amount set for virtual memory paging to begin with. Apparently, IIS starts refusing connections if it doesn't have enough memory to work with.

I'm moving my page file to a different drive in the server right now to test.

-----

Well, either the page file move or the restart fixed it. But, now OWA comes up, it just won't authenticate me. Hm...

-----

To fix it, I clicked on the properties for the HTTP > Exchange Virtual Server, unchecked the Forms Based Authentication... checked it back on and applied the changes. Worked perfectly afterward. Strange.

-----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back