Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA Failed to Get Inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

starwars

Technical User
Dec 17, 2001
GB
I know this is a very common error message but i know what is causing it just not sure if it can be easily fixed. I have exchange server 5.5 on nt server and owa is on win 2k server in dmz. Recently my exchange server crashed and i had to exmerge all the pst folders into everyones mailbox again. Anyone who's mailbox has been exmerged cant use owa. Exmerge used exchadmin account and if i create a new mailbox with normal administrator account outlook web access works fine. I obviously dont want to recreate everyones mailbox and just give them pst's of their old stuff. Does anyone know how i can get permissions on the mailbox changed to normal administrator or some other way round it.

Thanks

Claire

Can you not simply change mailbox ownership to the user in Exchange admin? Is the display name correct after the exmerge?

Check the mail alias on the mailboxes you're tying via OWA. Use it as the login name at the webpage, followed by the network username and password on the authentication box.

POST BACK

we already log in with the alias name which is also the login name. I know it has something to do with permissions as if i create a new mailbox with the domain\adminuistrator account owa works. if i create it with exchadmin it doesnt. i just dont want to have to exmerge everything again and recreate all the mailboxes if possible

Thanks

What has worked for my network is having users login with thier email address on the first page and then use their normal username and password on the second page. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back