Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA - Change password

Status
Not open for further replies.

forbsy

MIS
Apr 16, 2002
CA
I have a test box set up with Win 2K Advanced Server(SP2),Exchange 2K(SP2). I was testing the new version of OWA that comes with SP2. I access it via Everything works fine except for one thing. When I try and change my password in OWA.

When I go to Options->Change Password, I get a 'cannot find server - this page cannot be displayed' error. I've used the kb Q267596 and I still get the error. I'm running everything on one box.

Any help would be very appreciated.

I've asked a similar question and have not gotten a good answer. I've been told that since Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 are fully integrated by way of the Active Directory, you cannot have separate passwords for Exchange and Win2k Server. OWA may not, and should not allow one to change their domain password when not Authenticated on the Domain.

The question is, if this is the case, why is there an option to change password in OWA 2000? Perhaps you can change your password, provided your domain policy allows you to change your network login password. Darwin
Director of Information Services
Philadelphia PA

Darwin - I finally got the answer to this. I asked the same question in another forum and got the answer:

Date: February 04, 2002 11:38 PM
Author: brian (dangb@bdang.com)

Took me a while to figured this out. By default, changing the password requires SSL and you'll need to add the iisadmpwd virtual directory. If enabling SSL, multiple host headers don't seem to work so I host exchange in my default website. The password change button has a link something like this: https:\\yourdomain.com\iisadmpwd\aexp2b.htr?https:\\yourdomain.com\exchange\yourname\?cmd=close

Enable SSL on your default website but only require it for the following directories:

\Exchange

\ExchWeb

\Exadmin

\Public

\Iisadmpwd

The 'iisadmpwd' virtual directory needs to be mapped to \winnt\system32\inetsrv\iisadmpwd

I tried this and it worked perfectly. I know you can get a 15 day trial from Verisign right off their website if you want to use it in a test environment.

-Forbsy

Hello,

I followed your steps and I now get a screen to change the password by creating the virtual directory iisadmpwd to point to \\winnt\system32\inetsrv\iisamdpwd .
I am running SSL on this server with Verisign 128bit encryption.
the only problem i'm having is when I type in my old password and put my new password I get a error message "The parameter is incorrect. Back to Is there something that I didn't do that is not working.
Please let me know.

Thanx,
Marcello

When you are prompted for Domain Name, try entering the NETBIOS name of the root domain instead of the DNS name. For example, if your AD root domain is called domain.com, type in just the word domain.

-Forbsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back