Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA cannot authenticate child domain users

Status
Not open for further replies.

ariddick

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2002
US
Our exchange 2003 server is installed in the root domain. We also have two child domains and we have done domain prep and have exchange enabled mailboxes on the child domain users. I have added the default email domain address for all of the child domain users so they should be able to login to OWA. However, none of the child domain users can login to OWA. Anyone know why OWA would not authenticate these?

Thanks in advance.

We found out the cause with this problem. We knew that you have to have the default domain of the exchange server as an email address for each user that wants to access OWA. The solution to our problem is that users in the child domain must have an address for the child domain also. Example: A user in the child domain would also have an email address of user@child.domain.com.
Once we added this the users in the child domain can login with no problem. Of course, if logging into the defaul OWA site, the user has to login as DOMAIN\user or user@DOMAIN. I hope this helps as I have seen many people with this same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back