Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA ASP error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbys9

MIS
Apr 24, 2002
US
I am running owa on an NT 4.0 box and Exchange on a 2000 member server in the same NT domain. Both have SP 4.0 for Exchange, and SP 6a on the NT box and SP 2 on the 2000. Hve been plagued with asp errors which shut down the owa access. The wording from the client is:

error asp 0115

unexpected error /exchange/usa/logon.asp

A trappable error in an external object. Script cannot continue running.

Have done registry hacks to reregister the cdo's, and removing the exchange virtual directory from the transaction server. All to no avail. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

I had that problem once. Nothing worked but to reinstall the OWA component and reapply the SP. ------------------------

"...Mr. Charles Darwin had the balls to ask..."

~REM

Question....can you re-install OWA without re-installing the rest of Exchnage 5.5? I think the Exchange 5.5 installation disk will require me to re-install all Exchange components rather than just OWA.

Also, when re-installing OWA, will it wipe out important IIS settings such as the SSL certificate, external web page setting, etc?

Thanks!

Hello,

I was just curious about this patch and whether anyone is running Crystal Reports Enterprise on the same server and whether there are any problems with loading this patch ? We are currently having the issue described at the beginning of this article. I was also wondering if this patch requires a reboot of the NT4 server/exchange 5.5 services ?

Thanks

Kevin

We have resolved this problem by reinstalling OWA.
You can install just OWA from your exchange 5.5 disks.

Regards

Lloyd Cutler
Executive Network Services
lloyd@execnets.com
818-904-9900

I'm running into a similar problem. I have OWA running on Exchange 5.5 sp4/ NT 4 sp6a. Logins are redirected to a bridgehead similarly configured which connects to several Exchange servers. Every so often I'll get Event ID 5 logon.asp unexpected error and logonfrm.asp error. All the services will still be running but noone can logon to OWA, after supplying your username and password you get a This Page cannot be Displayed error. The only fix so far has been a reboot but eventually the problem will arise again, the server stays up anywhere from 12 hours to a few days before this appears again.

I am going to try this hotfix but does anyone have any ideas. This is a new server, up for one week. The last server had the same problem which stumped us for a month, so finally we built a replacement on new hardware and here comes the same problem.

Anyone there using the Outlook 2003 client? We were able to replicate the problem by having someone log into their mailbox using and Outlook 2003 client, then log on to their mailbox via OWA, effectively killing the OWA service. Patch mentioned above rectified the problem

Yes you can reinstall OWA without having to reinstall Exchange 5.5. Since you are running OWA on a member server by itself, it only uses the member server for its IIS function and doesn't really have any true Exchange functions. It just communicates with the true exchange boxes for simple mailbox information. I don't think reinstalling OWA will fix your asp crashing problems. We had an ASP problem on our OWA server much like yourself. 1.) After finding some reg hacks to increase Max Processor threads, and
2.) Installing all IIS and Exchange patches (security or otherwise) the problem went away. If I can dig up some links I will post them.

I'm having a similar problem with OWA. It crashes everytime i try to log on to check my student EMail. I don't have an exchange cd, i just use the OWA program that came laced in with windows IE. I reinstalled XP and i still get the same problem. is there anyway i can reinstall OWA without buying MS Exchange.

Hi,

I am trying to install the patch above but i am getting this error:

Installation aborted: Version expected 2653 but Version 2650 is found.

I have checked MS-Exchange it is showing MS exchange 5.5 SP4 version 2653:22

Please help.

-Yunus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back