Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA and ISA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSHDave

Technical User
Sep 18, 2003
GB
Hi, I am having trouble accessing OWA from my site. Another compnay has setup OWA and I can access it from a dial up connection or if I bypass ISA, however ISA seems to be causeing the username and password box to keep flying up. I have seen other threads but the dont come to a clear conclusion and they are archived so I am starting a new thread. I think I need to create a routing rule on ISA and I have tried that (created a destination set, set the routing rule to use that set) with various setting but it either doesnt effect the problem or stops me from accessing OWA. Any help would be a great, well help :).
Thanks
Dave

I have just downloaded Firefox and I am not having the same problems I described above, so the problem cant be ISA and has to be IE 6. still dont know how to solve it and I dont want to install firefox on our users pc's.

Can you give us a little bit more information about your network configuration. Where's your Exchange server, ISA Server? Are they on the same subnet or even same box?

Also, what happens if you try to open it on the same machine that the IIS server is running on, the exchange server and the ISA Server.

The exchange server that is running OWA is on another site, i'm not sure of there setup but the problem seems to be with our ISA server (our setup: Internet - PIX - ISA - Rest of the network all servers are on the same subnet and ISA is not on the same box as exchange). The reason I belive that ISA is the source of the problem is because if I go out to the internet bypassing ISA then I dont have the problem. I also dont have the problem if I use firefox as the web browser.

I have just tried accessing OWA from the ISA server and I still have the same problem.

hmmmm...If you're not having the same problem with firefox then it's something with IE. Check your settings to make sure you're not blocking the needed active x controls. You can also decrease the security level until you can connect (don't forget to return them to normal afterwards). This will help give you a direction to start looking in. Another thing to check is if there are any group policies being pushed down from the server that will block it.

I'm leaning away from ISA server since you can use Firefox and get through. If it was the ISA server then it would block all internet browsers.

thats what i was thinking, however when i tried turning the security setting to 'Low' and privacy setting to 'accept all cookies' I am still getting the same problem, also when I dont connect through ISA I can use IE and all is fine, I thinking it is a combo of ISA and IE I just cant figure out how/why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back