Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA and GAL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pabs

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2000
CA
Is it true that users using OWA on Exchange 5.5 cannot see the GAL?
Is there a work around this?

Thanks.

Fred

You do not have access to any address book. You can still authenticate against it, but you can't browse through it. Even so, distribution lists no longer work.

I don't know of a worksround, but this is the least of OAB's inherent weaknesses.

I understand that the OWA interface in Exchange 2000 is almost exactly that of Outlook. I assume you can access the GAL as well.

Hanson

Another question with regards to OWA, if I may. Whenever I try to add an attachment to an email composed in OWA, I get a 'HTTP error 405' and I can't do an attachment.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi!

Do you mean that we can't extract email recipients from Global Address List and show it in OWA address book?
Pls advise. Thanks.

Hi soonerland,

What a great post. Went to the site, but have some questions. Do the files get installed on Exchange or on the OWA component (I have them on separate machines)? Also, the scenarios included NT 4 with Eschange 5.5. I am runniing it on a 2k member server. Does that make a difference? Thanks. If this works might even get a raise! Well, or not.

Hi,
I've went to this website before, realised that the address book is actually the "address book" icon on the left navigation bar.

To further clarify, what I meant is when the user clicked on the "TO", "CC", "BCC" link when composing a mail, there is a popup window.
That is where I want to import the address list from the Exchange server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back