Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA and Exchange 5.5 on different servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOSA

MIS
May 29, 2003
US
I have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on Win NT 4.0 SP6a. I just configured Exchange OWA on a Win 2K SP3 server running as a MEMBER server. OWA has been configured to use basic clear text authentication.

OWA prompts three times for credentials, then displays you are not authorized to view this page when you attempt to log into OWA. I CAN log in if I add that user as a local user on the Win2K member server.

My question is does OWA running on Win2K server have to be a domain controller in order to correctly authenticate users or is there another way?

Thanks for any insights...

No, does not need to be a domain controller. Part of the problem arises because of the communication that takes place between the front-end (OWA) and the back-end (Exchange). Check IIS permissions to the Exchange store on the other server. Not much help, but that is where we started when we were doing this. I recall that pointed us to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back