Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA and different SMTP email addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

nQziteev

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2001
US
I am having trouble loging into my OWA to read email. My default SMTP email address is not the same as everyone else. When I change my smtp default address to user@regulardomain.com, I can login with my account name and password. When I change my default smtp address to user@newdomain.com, I am unable to login using the same username and password. I tried placing the newdomain.com in the DOMAIN login blank, but that doesnt help.

The server is receiving mail properly (I can read from my desktop), and I modified the default recipient policy to accept email for newdomain.com

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Peter

See faq858-3788

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Those items were completed Marc; I am receiving email properly on both domains. My trouble is loging into OWA when a user has a default/primary smtp address that is different from the original domain.

In that case you have no choice as to split the mailbox to reflect the correct primary domain when using OWA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back