Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA access with mutliple email domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNosko

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
US
I installed Exchange 2000 and have multiple virtual organizations, lets say abc.com and xyz.com. Abc.com is also my external domain on Active Directory. When emails users who have email addresses of abc.com try to access thier mailboxes through OWA they can but users who have email addresses with xyz.com can't get access to OWA. They get an error of "HTTP 404 - File not found".

Any ideas? Thanks!

Keep in mind that Exchange 2000 is Active Directory Dependent, So if your Exchange 2000 Server is in the Primary forest and all these domains are under your Forest it would work.
But since I am not sure of your setup I can only generalize..

Found the answer in MS article Q293386. I created additional Virtual Directories for additional SMTP Domains. So from my original email you would have to go to webmail.abc.com/exchange for abc.com domain users and webmail.abc.com/xyzcompany for the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back