Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA 2003 - "HTTP Error 444"

Status
Not open for further replies.

luisrato

MIS
Jun 3, 2003
PT
Hello,

I would like to share my problem and ask if someone has got the same problem too.

The problem:
When I try to access to any users mailbox in the OWA, I got the error "HTTP Error 404 - File or Directory not Found", but if I connect directly to the back-end server I don't have any problem.

When It Started:
This problem started to apear after I upgrade my Exchange back-end Server from Windows 2000/Exchange 2000 to Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 (sp1).
The Front-End Server has been working before the upgrade, and was a Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 with SP1 and it just stoped after the back-end upgrade.

Here is the Design Archicture of the domain:

- Child Domain with 2 windows 2003 domain controllers in Windows 2003 domain functional level. One is GC and the other not.
- I have one Exchange 2003 Back-End Server w/sp1 in a Cluster Active/Passive Mode. I have also one Exchange Front-End Server w/sp1.
- All the Domain controllers and Exchange Server are on the same VLAN and Network Subnet, so there's no Routers or Firewalls Between them.

What we have done already:
I've checked and tried all the Microsoft articles about the OWA "HTTP Error 404", and no luck.
We have checked the host headers configuration.
We have reinstalled the Exchange Front-End Server.

What the Microsoft has Done:
We have Microsoft Premium Support and we already opened one case. We already had remote support of 3 US Microsoft Guys and local support from our 2 DTAM's, and no one can discover the problem resolution.
They have checked all the IIS and HTTP Exchange Virtual Server Configuration in the Both Back-end and Front-end Server, specially about the host header and the authentication configuratuion. About these was everything ok.
They checked the IIS Logs, event viewer, Network Traffic, the logs of Regtrace Tool from Exchange 2000 resource kit, checked the communication between the backend and frontend server to the global catalog and they don't see any problem.

What I need:
Of course I am not expecting to get one positive answer from anyone in this forum that could solve our problem, I just would like to know If someone had this problem before and what was the possible causes. Your experience Feedback would be very apreciated.

Meenwhile, I think that one IT Technician from Microsoft will have to travel from US to Portugal and try to resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Luís Rato
MCP;MCSA;MCSA Messaging;MCSE;CIWA;CIWP;CIWSA;MCIWA.
Portugal

OK, we have fixed the problem. YES, it is a new bug in Exchange with SP1. YES, a new article will be released because of this.
To resolve this problem, we took 4 days with the Microsoft Support, and 2 guys from Microsoft Development and 2 guys from the Code were used.
I expect to have more details about this next week, and I will share the resolution with all of you.

Luís Rato
MCP;MCSA;MCSA Messaging;MCSE;CIWA;CIWP;CIWSA;MCIWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back