Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA 2003 Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingleboy

Technical User
Oct 30, 2004
US
I have Exchange 2003 sitting on Server 2003 and we use OWA to hit our inboxes from outside the office. We are having problems with one user who is having problems logging in to OWA. He can login sometimes, and other times he cannot. He told me that sometimes while logging in, it will not accept his username and password. Other times he can login but while it is loading, it will just hang. I am not having any problems with any other users with OWA. Please help!

Delete his account? Reset password...reset computer. Create a new outlook profile. Maybe he is in cache mode which sometimes hangs when it starts up. You should check the simple things first. I don't think it has anything to do with the server. Most likely the end users computer or settings.

When you say he is in cache mode- you mean his internet explorer?

i would make sure and have the user log in with the following style user name:

your domain = domain.com
user = jblow

so the user name would be:

jblow@domain.com

often this corrects login issues.

Check the security event viewer logs. They should tell you if it is a incorrect domain or password login. Also, it will tell you if the user is trying to authenticate with kerberos.

Can this user connect to OWA while at work, without any problems? OWA issues are generally at the user's end, and turn out to be ISP issues. Especially when other users work fine. Do not delete his account. There is no need to recreate an Outlook profile, because this is OWA. Cache Mode has nothing to do with OWA.

Mike

=====================================
The good ole days weren't always good
and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems
=====================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back