Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA 2003 : Free/Busy Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dries84

Technical User
May 29, 2003
US
I'm having an issue while trying to schedule meetings using OWA 2003. When I create a meeting request and put in the attendees (check name verifies), everything is fine.
However, when I click on the 'Availability' tab I receive the following:

No Entries Were Found (Microsoft Internet Explorer error)

There doesn't appear to be any immediate erros in the event log.

Any ideas????

Hi,

Indeed, I was thinking what's wrong in my installation. One of the cause of my problems might be the configuration I have:
- Windows 2003 configured as DC
- Exchange 2003
- Sharepoint Services up an running

Problems:
- OMA doesn't work (security error from mscorlib that cannot access registry...)
- and the mentioned before problem with atendee availability via OWA

I read some articles where is mentioned that ASP.NET applications will suffer/or not work at all if the macine is a DC (becuase rights, accounts that now will be different). As far as I could see .NET 1.1 is assigning properly the rights to folders even if it is on a DC.

Back to your question, it is just a server and indeed should behave as a front-end server. Do I miss something? Are there some specific kind of settings that I should apply to make this work as a front-end server?

Thank you.

Gia Betiu
gia@almondeyes.net
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K

So you have Exchange running on a DC with Sharepoint?

Hi,

Yes, Sharepoint is running well.
In the office now I did a test on a machine (without Sharepoint indeed but configured as DC) where I experienced same problems.
Now, I just found an article from Microsoft
and I unchecked "require SSL" for Default website and everything works.
It might be a solution,.. maybe to uncheck that require SSL for Exchange folders only,,,

Some other ideas?

Gia Betiu
gia@almondeyes.net
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K

I believe this ended up being a configuratiion issue on my side. It had to do with multiple domains/Exchange hosted & cross authentication.
I have sense gotten it to work with a FE/BE configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back