Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA 2000 with IE6 stuck on "Loading....", netscape fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmcabs

Technical User
Apr 28, 2003
AU
Hi Guys,

Please i hope someone can help!

I have a W2K SP3 PC with IE6 and when trying to load OWA2000, it starts to happen (the Folders & Shortcuts buttons top left hand corner appear), but then just below that it says "Loading...", and data flow stops! It used to work on this PC though!!!! Crazy!
I put Netscape7 on the same PC, and it works fine! I checked IE6's security & cookies settings, but no luck. I even tried Repair utility (in Add/Remove programs) and even re-installing IE6 fresh!

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks in advance guys,,,

:) DAVE

Are you going through a firewall to get to the OWA? If yes, your firewall may not be allowing the WebDAV extensions. IE will want to use these, Netscape does not. You do not get full features with Netscape. With our old firewall, the only way around this was to use SSL to encrypt the data flow, then IE worked fine, plus it is more secure.

Dan

URLScan tool is the issue, uninstall it and OWA will work

I've got an EXCH2000 box running IIS(owa) behind an isa box. Its been great for over a year but on a few odd occasions it plays up. It seems to be random...

SSL costs a bit, hey? Or can I do it for free somehow???

Paul, I didn't recall a urlscan tool anywhere so I looked it up...it's not on the EXCH/IIS box and I haven't put FP1 on the ISA box.

Thanks guys...Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back