Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OWA 2000 public folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

mufka

ISP
Dec 18, 2000
US
I've created a new public folder in Server Manager and assigned default author permissions. If I login to OWA from the server, I can see the folder. If I login remotely, I get the error "Access is Denied. Your browser security settings will not allow access to this folder from this page." It happens even if I login as the Administrator. I'm using IE 5.5 all around and the security is set to lowest.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Check the permissions on the folder ... you may want to decrease the authentication level to clear text ... also, are you logging into the domain when you log in over dial-up?

Good LK

howdy,
i called ms on this one, as i am having the same problem, and also tried to remedy the problem by decreasing security on my browswer. i'm still working on this with them, but you can try this to make sure that the public folders are "OK", and that the problem lies elsewhere. in your browser, go to and then try to log in. if it is ok, then pf's are ok, and it has a problem w/ the redirection in iis. will let you know if i find out anything else.

I'm having the exact problem with OWA public Fodlers under IE 5. I can't even see the public folders icon to click on. But under Netscape Navigator, public folders work fine.

I have heard that if you enter the address of the exchange server as a trusted site on the IE client - it will work. I have not yet discovered the form in which to eneter the address however. Any one else want to experiment with this?

That patch "navbar.js" did not work for me. Did it work for anyone?

Try this -- click Tools, Internet Options, Security tab, click on the Trusted Sites icon (green checkmark), then on the Sites button. Uncheck the "Require server verification..." checkbox. If your server is chances are that you would trust the the "domain.com" domain. Type "*.domain.com" -- without quotes. Click the Add button and then OK. Close all instances of IE and try again.

Did listing the domain in the trusted site area of IE work for anyone? It didn't work for me. Anyone have any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back