Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OVL448 when printing ERR messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

geirendre

Vendor
Aug 13, 2001
NO
Hi, am trying to print system messages on an Opt11, rls4.50
but I'm only getting:
Code:
OVL448 System message lookup is temporarily unavailable.
   Wait 30 seconds and repeat request.
Have been like this for a long time now....
Am I missing a file on the switch with the messages, or something?
:)

could be on background.. may just be stuck in a que.. opt 11 are not that consistant for looking up sch codes.. if it does not clear, schedule an ini

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks johnpoole, but the switch has had both INI's and complete shutdown-reboots without the problem going away.
Not shure, but think it's been like this since the upgrade from 25.40 to current sw.version.
Can something got lost in the upgrade, like the file containing the messages text?

Succession will do that, I just retype ERR XXXXXX and it prints out the description. not sure if they have a patch for it yet

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Tried to find something in Solutions on Nortelnetworks under OVL448, but nothing.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I could be the on-line help file is not on the drive. If you have an Option11, you can do a dummy upgrade to restore the files. You need to have the current software version on the PCMCIA card to do this. Don't try this if you have never done it before or don't understand the installer tool.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back