Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OVL0406 when trying to access MerMail at PBX terminal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

act901

Technical User
Jan 4, 2002
US
Here goes,
I was accessing the PBX from my office using Hyperterminal, when it locked up as I went into Meridian Mail. I couldn't get anything to respond so I just disconnected...
big mistake.
Apparently that session is still hanging around somewhere and preventing me from accessing Meridian Mail even from the dummy terminal connected to the switch.
After trying to access Meridian Mail I receive an error OVL0406, which translates to "low speed link is used by the other terminal" in the system messages guide book. Does anyone know what could have happened or how to repair this?

thanks,
Autumn

Try to log back in using Hyper and then manually disconnect... CTRL ] twice

then disconnect then access it using your dummy terminal...

You get this usually when dialing in and someone is already in the Mail program.

Good Luck -=Rick Cruz=-

Thank you so much! That was successful.

However, I have one more question.
I think I managed to push shift or something and the dummy terminal is stuck with a flashing cursor at the top left hand corner....any idea how o get rid of that?
The only button on the keyboard that seems to be responding is setup.

thanks again!
Autumn

Thanks for the response!

Ctrl R didn't work.
I was referring to the terminal and it doesn't seem to respond to anything.
However, I can access the PBX from my office through dial-up and I can access the PBX through MAT.
I am also now able to access Meridian Mail through the system terminal as well.
Just can't get the dummy terminal to respond, the one that is directly connected to the switch....
just a flashing cursor.

thanks for the help,
autumn

It appears that I pushed something that opened another session....
I just went into setup and selected session 1 since it was on session 2.
That resolved the problem.
durn VT terminals.
Thanks for all your help...sometimes it's the little things that get you the worst!

-autumn

On most of the newer VT terms that support sessions the F4 key will switch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back