Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overriding the WebDAV modul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quenti

Programmer
Sep 24, 2019
FR
Hello you all.
This is my first post here I hope I do it correctly.
I'm writing because I'm facing an issue when trying to override the WebDAV module of Content Server 10.5.
Typically when I'm completing the "inherit" line with WEBDAV::APIWebDAV eclipse shows a drop-down list but there is not the WebDAVAuthServ os I'm interested in.
So that was my attempt to override WebDAV with another module.
What I did next is creating a patch. There again I have trouble targeting the os file I want to override.
Here is an extract from my patch:

o {'pat::WebDAVAuthServ',&&webdav::APIWebDAV::WebDAVAuthServ}

I get an error notifying me of an problem finding the object to override.
If I shorten the line to o {'pat::WebDAVAuthServ',&&webdav::APIWebDAV}
I no longer get errors but it does nothing.
I think it inserts the function to APIWebDAV.os and not to the package of the same name.

I would be really thankful if someone could enlighten me about this issue.
Many thanks
Quenti

I am a seasoned Oscripter By reading the patch I will read it like this
webdav::APIWebDAV::WebDAVAuthServ
If you have CSIDE running are you able to see the Object by going into webdav and to APIWebDAV and to WebDAVAuthServ
Now temporarily rename your patch directory to patch_backup I assume you have proper backups and you have a dev VM
Now do those things appear if it appeared first and after your patch renaming it fails to do so it tells me
a patch is probably doing that.

I moved on to 16 and they deprecated the WebDAV modules so I cannot see your exact problem.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Hello,
thanks for your answer. Well yes, I know WebDAV is not that loved, with reasons.
I want to override a function in webdav::APIWebDAV::WebDAVAuthServ
The thing is, the patch is taken into account but I get the message saying that the WebDAVAuthServ does not exist.
BUT, if I open eclipse, import the webdav module, delete it from the imported modules, close eclipse and finally restart the services IT WORKS!
Whereas the module should not have changed for I didn't touch it.
It's really getting me nightmares :(
Has someone already seen this behaviour?

Best regards

Quenti

I can see and patch it override it as usually it is done. I can see it in my 16.2.6 very easily. I suspect you might be doing something differently than I am doing.
I can see the object and orphan it with the patch or without patch although I did not check if any of the Ot patches I have in my install is actually changing that hierarchy.

Can you describe what your patch procedure is perhaps if I know that I can try your method,I only know it the way OT has taught us...

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back