Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Override sorting & grouping on a report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemmiwinks30

Programmer
Jul 19, 2004
US
Hello,

I know some variation of this question has been asked, but I can't seem to make this work.

I have a form that feeds a report. On the form, using a combo box the user may request items to be descending or ascending order. My report uses grouping and of course Access forces you to choose a sort order. How can I override the sort order to be based on what the user chooses?

So basically, the query that is built based on what the user enters on my form is overridden by the Sorting and Grouping property on the report.

Any help I appreciate.

Thanks,
Kathy

hmm, I did see that page earlier and correct me if I'm wrong, is there any way in there to set the sort order descending or ascending? It only looks like you can set the grouping levels. I know there is also a property 'sortorder' but that can only be set to true or false.

Thanks for responding.

He he ;-)
False -> ascending
True -> descending

Roy-Vidar

Thank you so much.....it was nearing 5pm yesterday so naturally my brain was shutting down !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back