Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overreporting Production Orders 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clundey

Technical User
Jul 20, 2001
US
We are looking into manufacturing item(s) that consist of 1 component. This component will never change. The items we are "manufacturing" are simply food items that are sorted out of the "component" item and put into boxes. The "manufactured" items will be treated as cases, where the "component" item is treated as a 1 lb unit.

We are considering only one work order per manufactured item.

The question has come up to just simply keep reporting production (since macola lets you do that) even though the work order will ultimately go negative. The work orders would never close.

What is the downside of negative work orders? (Besides the prompt that indicate the order is negative) I'm thinking that work orders need to be closed at some point, but this is a new area for us.

We are using 7.5.103f

Thanks in advance for any advice on this topic!

Chris

POP orders or SFC orders?

Please upgrade to a newer version, there is no reason to stay on this old one unless you have stopped paying maintenance.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

POP orders only.

Am looking at upgrading, but have several VBA customizations in place, and things have been VERY stable.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

You can overreport POP orders all day long. The only issue you will find about not closing the orders is that if there is any POP variance - in other words you used more of or less of the component that the BOM calls for - the variance will not post until you close the POP order.

There is probably a physical limit to the number of receipts you can have against one POP order, but I don't know what that is. You can play it safe and maybe open a new POP order once a quarter.

In terms of VBA, there is an issue with the Order Entry screen in 76300 on line items. So if you do upgrade, I suggest you do this in a test environment first.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"making predictions is tough, especially about the future" - Yogi Berra

thanks for the advice!

One of the mods we have is on the OE line item. (It is to prevent over-shipping)

What is the bug ?

If you have a push button with Flex code on the 2nd page of the Order Entry screen, it is not available unless you dbl click on one of the line items. This started with 76200 I believe.

"making predictions is tough, especially about the future" - Yogi Berra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back