Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overlapping Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyr

Programmer
Nov 30, 2000
US
Hello, I am trying to create a graphic that will be cuttable from Illustrator 10. My problem is that when I convert my text to outlines, I have overlapping text. I need to "weld" these characters together so that the cutter will not cut the overlapping lines. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bobby

Do you want to omit the overlapping areas, or just join the the two?
To omit, create the outlines, and with the Pathfinder palette open, select both text outlines, and choose Exclude then Expand.

To join, again select both, and hit Merge on the Pathfinder. Either way you'll end up with closed pathes, good for cutting.

Thank you thank you! The Merge > Expand worked perfect for me. I now have a graphic I can cut!

Thanks,
Bobby

Hello

I'm trying the same .. but It seems that the pathfinder options are doing nothing on my "outlined" text...

To make the text outlines , are you also using the menu
Types > Create Outlines ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back