Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overlapping LAN need VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

nloecke

Technical User
May 25, 2005
US
Hi there. My client has a 10.0.0.0 /8 (255.0.0.0) network. They need to connect a VPN to another network with a 10.130.0.0 /24 (255.255.255.0).
My side is running a PIX 515 and the other side is running a PIX as well, but I don't know the model, other than it's slightly newer.

I know we have to do something with "double-NAT", but I have no idea how to implement this, especially since I can only manage our side.

This Cisco page seemed to be helpful, but after further review, I get totally lost.

I can post portions of my config if anyone thinks it would be helpful.

Thanks

<<Witty Signature>>

Is your clients network actually that large and you are using a summary address or a misconfiguration when the network was built? What version code is your 515 running?

Hey Brian!
Thanks for your help with my last problem by the way.

I know they use addresses all over the available range, but I'm pretty sure they don't actually need 16.7 million hosts.
Unfortunately we didn't build their network, so my guess is that someone decided to use 10.x address space and kept the default subnet mask.

The PIX on our end is 6.3(5).

<<Witty Signature>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back