Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overlap signalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulu69

ISP
Aug 26, 2007
PK
Hi. How can i implement Overlap signalling on ISDN PRI besides Enbloc? I need to put a delay between some dialout digits on ISDN PRI. PBX is CS1000 RLS 4.0

i've never found a decent way to insert a delay or pause.. a , gives you a pause but will only work past acod not ac1 or 2

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

john i am using AC2+SPN+RLI+DMI, need to put a delay between digits , e.g
91234+delay+00820374775757---> Does overlap csignalling put a delay?? i mean if i play with OVLT/OVLL
regards

Overlap signalling sends the digits when it can route them ie. AC2+SPN and then sends the additional digits as you dial them up till it hits the number or reaches the FLEN of the SPN. OVLS/OVLR on DCH.

Hi Big,
lets say i set OVLL/FLEN to 4, then when it would out digits i mean AC1+SPN+xxxxxxxxxx, Does it counts digits from AC1

Flen includes the SPN and aditional digits. AC1 is striped before it hits SPN so no its not included. So if you have AC1 + a 3 digit spn plus a further 8 digits to make up the number then the FLEN is 11.

i don't think you'll get the delay post ac.. best way to determine flen.. digits you dial past the ac code.. do not consider the dgt.. if i dial a 4 digit ext (dsc) it's 4, if i enter 5, the call waits for the interdigit timer to expire THEN the end of dial timer to expire.. delays your ringback.. not much but i do not like to add even 2 seconds to 1.2 million calls per week at my site...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back