Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overhead paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestfx

Technical User
Mar 8, 2013
US
I just had a user report to me that they are unable to use paging in one of the buildings I help manage the PBX for. They just get a busy tone when trying to page the short code. They are using a TAC of #431 and for the life of me I can't find a way to remotely disable the page. Is there a way for me to remotely disconnect the phone that is "hung" on the paging TAC?

Thanks in advance,

midwestfx

Busy the station out, then release it, then status it.

bu sta xxxx
rel sta xxxx
sta sta xxxx
Hudson22

That was my first thought when my user called in. I tried again and the user is still getting a busy signal. Hudson, will the steps you just gave work if the phone is potentially an analog phone?

busy and release does not care if it is a digital or analog phone, as long as your log in has the permissions to do this it will work

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

That's what I thought joe. yet it is still ringing busy when a user tries to use the TAC to page over the loudspeaker.

busy and release the trunk port it is using then?

Busy/Release the port didn't do it either. Hmm, this is frustrating.

are they using like a valcom type of paging amp or something similiar, if so call cust and see if they can power cycle the paging amp, I know that will work. You just need to find someone on site who is reliable.

Yep, power cycling did the trick. Thanks for the assist!

midwestfx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back