Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overflowing oldest calls first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo9

Technical User
Feb 11, 2004
US
Using vectors, is there a way to make sure that the oldest calls are queued to an overflow split first? What I need to happen is once a call has been queued in skill 1 for 180 seconds it should also queued to skill 29.
We have a vector with recurring announcements where calls sit while waiting to be answered and callers hear about the wonderful services we offer etc. I have added a "goto step xx if oldest call in skill 1 > 180" but that doesn't guarantee that the oldest call goes first, just the first old call to hit that step. The announcements are changed weekly so their length changes and I can't base the time on that. I was thinking about basically adding something like steps 12 to 14 between each announcement but am hoping I (or anyone else) can find a cleaner way to do it.

Here is the current vector:

01 wait-time 2 secs hearing silence
02 collect 1 digit after announcement 2745
03 goto vector 10 if digits = ?
04 collect 1 digit after announcement 2725
05 goto vector 10 if digits = ?
06 collect 1 digit after announcement 2726
07 goto vector 10 if digits = ?
08 collect 1 digit after announcement 2727
09 goto vector 10 if digits = ?
10 collect 1 digit after announcement 2728
11 goto vector 10 if digits = ?
12 goto step 14 if oldest-call-wait in skill 1 pri l > 180
13 goto step 2 if unconditionally
14 queue-to skill 29 pri l
15 goto step 2 if unconditionally

The announcements are collects because management did not want these calls to go to reception if callers hit “0”.

Thanks
Bo9

Why all the different announcements?

What does vector 10 do?

If you don't collect digits in the vector and simply use the Announcement command, a caller can press 0 all they want, it won't go anywhere. So unless you are collecting to actually redirect the caller to another vector or to a voicemail then you don't need to use the Collect command.

A timer can be used if you have Variables for Vectors available, it depends on what release you are using. We're on CM3. If you have Variables available, I can explain how to use it as a timer for the call. Enter the command Change Variables to see if you have it.

If you don't have this available you can "work around" it. If when the call gets to line 12 the combined time of playing all the announcements is 180 sec or more, just go ahead and queue it to the new skill at line 12 and loop it back up into the announcements.

On the collect steps:
We still wanted callers to have a way out of this group so vector 10 has a menu of different departments and self-help CTI apps. Not relly what I need help with though...
Variables:
I'm on a G3si, Call Center 11.1 with everything but advocate and LAI turned on. I didn't see anything about Variables and the cha var doesn't work.
Work around:
The announcements may or may not be 180 secs long since they are changed (sometimes left empty) on up to a weekly basis. Queueing after the announcments is basically what I am doing now but I check to be sure the oldest call is 180 secs first. If they have some short anouncements on and I blindly queue the call skill 29 could be getting more calls than they should.

I'm assuming that you've queue to skill 1 already in a previous vector?

You might try putting your "goto step 14 if oldest-call-wait in skill 1 pri l > 180" step before each one of your "collect 1 digit after announcement XXXX" steps.

Like this:[tt]

01 wait-time 2 secs hearing silence
XX GOTO STEP 14 IF OLDEST-CALL-WAIT IN SKILL 1 PRI L > 180
02 collect 1 digit after announcement 2745
03 goto vector 10 if digits = ?
04 collect 1 digit after announcement 2725
05 goto vector 10 if digits = ?
06 collect 1 digit after announcement 2726
07 goto vector 10 if digits = ?
08 collect 1 digit after announcement 2727
09 goto vector 10 if digits = ?
10 collect 1 digit after announcement 2728
11 goto vector 10 if digits = ?
12 goto step 14 if oldest-call-wait in skill 1 pri l > 180
13 goto step 2 if unconditionally
XX STOP
14 queue-to skill 29 pri l
15 STOP[/tt]

Of course, your step numbers will change as you insert these additional steps, but ASA will renumber the steps for you.

Susan
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
- Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back