Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overflow with Hunt Groups not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmikeinga

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2004
I have 3 Hunt Groups. One for Sales (HG1), One for Support (HG2) and another for Dedicated Support (HG3) for a particular client.

IP Office 406v1 running v3.2(54) of Manager and v3.2(26) of VMPro

This client can call either HG1 or HG2, press option 8 and the calls will be transferred HG3. There is where the following issues arise.

1. For HG3 I have VM Pro designed to ask the caller to press 2 to leave a message or 3 to speak with a representative. If all agents are busy, this works fine but as soon as an agent is waiting for a call the call will bypass this step and go directly to HG3. Why is that? We want all callers to be presented with the menu options.

2. When the agent does not answer the call, I want the call to goto voice mail. So I set up another Hunt Group (HG4) which is voice mail. This is also the VM the calls will goto is the caller presses 2 to leave a message. There are 2 extensions in that group so the users will get notification if a message is left none is logged in. I put HG4 in the Overflow section of HG3 and set a time to x seconds but the calls never get transferred to that group. The unanswered calls always revert to HG2 and I do not know why. If HG voice mails for sales it will work but that is not want I want.

Any help is appreciated.

Is the VM Pro at the front end, ie do all callers get greeted by the voicemail first or are you using the group call flows to control the calls. IPO is target based so if VM is active for all groups it will always revert back to the first HG mailbox.

Yes. Callers are either greeted with either the Sales Greeting or Support greeting. It depends on which number they dial. But regardless the number dialed, the calls always end up at the Support greeting when they go unanswered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back