Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overflow Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

slopdog

MIS
Jan 9, 2007
US
I have a hunt group set up with queueing on. The queuing works for the most part (see my other post about custom announcemnets not playing). What i am trying to do is if someone has been in the queue for more than 90 seconds, the call will overflow to another hunt group.

From what i have read in the documentation, it looks like just a matter of setting the overflow group, and setting the Overflow time to 90 seconds. But when i test, it does not overflow after 90 sec, just stays in queue. Is there something i am missing?

Thanks for any help - IP newbie

What software version do you have ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Does to overflow group only have regular users or does it contain a forwarded user?

Also you can try the also fill out the No Answer time so the overflow time can be divided by the No answer time.
For example if you have 90 sec on overflow set No Answer for that group to 15.
Depends on what ring type you use.

Version is 6.1 (9)

Over flow group only contains regular users. In the documentation it says if no time is entered for "No Answer Time" which is what i have, it will default to 15 sec. But hunt group is collective anyway so that not apply, correct?

No answer time is for how long each user rings (in this case)

Overflow timer is after what time it flows over

Example

3 users in a group (rotary)
no answer time 15
Overflow 45

Every user rings 15 seconds
after 45 second is does an overflow to another group
so after 45 seconds every phone rang for 15 seconds
If the overflow timer was 60 seconds then the first phone rings a gain for 15 second and then it overflows

I am using collective, so that would not apply.

untick all users in the first goup, does your second group ring?

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

With collective all users ring

Then the no answer time does not matter !

If call waithing is enabled yes then it queue's untill the overflow time is reached !

Give all the information we need

Group, user overflow group,overflow time
Announcement, time , one or two announcements etc etc etc

This was the whole point of my post, if you read the first one. Calls go into the queue, but do not overflow after the 90 seconds :)

Can you provide me the config ?
You can not post an email adres here, it will be removed

I had to rebuild by voicemail pro installation and call flow as it was corrupt, once I did that, everything seems to be working now. Thanks for all your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back