Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Over the allowed limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgmin

Programmer
May 20, 2005
US
I am using Crystal XI and I keep getting the following error when working with my parameters.

Error Type:
webReporting.dll, ASP 0107 (0x80004005)
The data being processed is over the allowed limit.

The first parameter selects a site (there are 8), the second parameter selects a number 1-10, and then I get the above error before I can even get to my third parameter.

This report worked fine in 10 with one parameter (600+ entries), but when I started getting the above error in XI I tried breaking down the list, first by site, and the 1-10 parameter is merely an attempt to break it down further to get the report to work, but it doesn't. If I happen to hit a site and number with only 3 entries, the report will work, but other than that I get the error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

When I was using Crystal 10 I had one parameter with 600+ entries in the list, and it worked fine.

When I went to Crystal X1, I got the above error, which I don't understand why when it worked fine in 10. The error occurred after I made my selection from the list of 600+.

So my first attempt at getting around it was adding a site, which broke the list down to 8 divisions. On the smaller divisions, the report ran fine, but on the larger ones, it still did not.

So my next attempt was to add the 3rd parameter of 1-10, and I classified every entry, which broke it down even further into 10 groups. It still does not work.

I can always select the site (out of 8 entries), but when I try to select from the list of 1-10, I get the above error and can't even go to the next parameter.

I don't know what the default values allowed is, but I know in 10 I could have over 600 and it worked fine. In XI I can't even get past the 8 and 10 respectively.

It is very frustrating working with parameters in XI. I can't seem to find a way to edit a parameter, so I end up deleting them out and having to re-create them also.

My suspicion is that the cascading parameters has more limitations than 10, but it certainly should handle a list of 8 and 10.

Thanks

lg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back