Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Over heating issue Really HOT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailmax

Vendor
Mar 30, 2014
US
I have ran into a IPO 500 v2 7.0 that I have started working on. The first thing I notices is how incredibly hot that back of the unit is near the power cord. Is there a fan inside to keep the unit cool that may have stopped working? Anyone else notice this happening? I am concerned this unit is just going to burn it self out real soon.

It does not have a fan.
It is the customers responsibility to keep the IT room cool.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

And if the IPO is burning hot, then its either working to its limit or something is wrong or the ambient temp in the comms room is too high.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Check the kettle cord has not loosened out of the plug a few millimetres (0.1181102362206 inches)
Save the config, Gracefully shut down, unseat cards and isolate hot spot.
Probably power supply (replace control unit) or combo card (replace). Like calculus on your teeth, inaction will result in further damage.

Or the silly answer:
Does the company have any Chinese speaking employees?
If your locale is set to a European nation and they talk Mandarin down the line it creates resistance as the IPO attempts to process the required language files which may not have been uploaded.
They could be only a few calls to their family away from bringing the business to its' knees.
Advise to talk in the configured locale only.[lol]

in R10, they're bringing out a codec for that... at that's what I heard. ME11 (Mandarin - European 1 to 1). Payload is huge though... approx 8.5 times higher than G711... roughly on par with the Euro as compared to the Yuan.

GB

Also, near the power cord is where the power supply for the IPO is. Safely using a voltmeter, check that the incoming power is within the specifications of device.

> Also, near the power cord is where the power supply for the IPO is. Safely using a voltmeter, check that the incoming power is within the specifications of device.

I think its safe to assume its not over voltage as only countries like UK / Aus / NZ use 230/240V and much of the rest of the world is 110 / 120V. I would also think it safe to assume the PSU in the IPO is also protected from over voltage with the use of fuses and varistors

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back