Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outside phone not connecting to voicemail recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystaldre

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2004
US
We have a phone outside of the building for after hour deliveries. When someone picks it up the line automatically connects to the voicemail system and plays the recorded message. However when someone picks it up now there's only a dial tone. Does anyone have any ideas what might've gone wrong and how to fix it?

can you print post the tn? to force an analog to dial a dn..

cls mnl
ftr hot d 4 1234

that would cause the station to dial the 4 digit number 1234. to remove the ftr change cls to dtn

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The TN it has been all along was changed, or another TN was inadvertantly cross-connected to the phone during another relocation.

Lift handset, call phone with display (or Attendant Console) ask what DN you are at, PRT DNB on that DN to find the TN. Determine if that DN and TN are what you expected at the delivery area phone.

This is a good example of why keeping records in the form of printouts...like this:
You can paste them here:

[MDB].zip

~

I can't call out at all from the outside phone. There is a dialtone, but any extension i try to call results in a busy signal. So I cant call any display phone. Is there anyway I could find the TN another way?

The old fashioned way! Trace the cabling back to the TN.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Ok. quick update. First off, do outside phone usually tie into the Meridan console line? It seems like ours is on the fritz. Nothing but static clicking and a black line going through the screen. Could that be the reason why the outside phone isnt working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back