Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outside not selected when press 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coom

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2004
US
Hi all,

We are using NEC DTU-16D-2 phone systems.
Normally when using hands free, I just push the Speaker button then 9 and the outside line will automatically be chosen.

I have this one phone that refuses to do that. When I press Speaker button and press 9, it gives me error as if i'm trying to call an extension that starts with 9. I have to push Speaker, then pick a line off of the lines button, then dial.

Is there a feature # i can turn this on?

Thanks

On your system, when you press 9, it will grab a free line on your system starting by the last one in the line group.i.e if you have 5 lines it will grab line 5 then 4 then 3 etc... On that specific phone that shows an error when you press 9, it seems like you don't have a line appearance on that phone. For example if the system is trying to grab line 5 and that line does not appear on that phone it will show you an error. Make sure that you have all your line showing by pressing feature then the line key on each key. It should display either CO line 1, CO line 2 etc.. or DIT/ANA line 01, DIT/ANA line 02 etc... If you don't have all the line appearing on that phone you can add them in program 4-12 in program mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back