Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outside calls go straight to voicemail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BP88

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2008
US
I have a Partner ACS that has a couple of phones where the calls go straight to voice mail. I have tried the VMS cover settings, the number of rings before transferring to voice mail, turning off forwarding (even if it wasn't on).

Nothing seems to fix the issue. When I turn VMS cover off, voice mail does stop answering internal calls, but nothing effects outside calls that go through the auto attendant. They all go straight to voice mail.

I would imagine this is an easy fix, but do not know this system well enough and the problem has been going on for a while. I have tried searching through the threads and trying different things, but still no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BP88 Are You in Nite Service at ext 10 ? What voice mail do you have? If it is a pc small/large At Ext 10 or 11 Enter system prog= Feature 00 Left Intercom twice, Then # 505 and then 7. Enter ext 78 change to 1 assigned, do the same for ext. 79.

Log into the voicemail as administrator, go to option 2 for extensions, enter the extension that is effected, then choose the option for phone status, change it to "has a phone". The mailbox was probably set-up as "does not have a phone" so calls transfered out of the attendant go straight to the mailbox vs. ringing the phone first.

check #208 is line cov
data blank

make sure the lines are assign
group 7
line number
1 assigned

Thanks for the replies.

This is a Partner Mail voice mail system.

I tried your options telecomboy, but I think you may be referring to a different voicemail, because my options don't match up when I login to the admin mailbox.

I had tried turning night service on and off, no change.

For Partner Mail it's going to be the Class of Service is set wrong for those extensions that don't ring first. Play the configuration for a working extension/mailbox, then change the affected mailboxes to match

TouchToneTommy,

I thought that was it, but I just went through and checked the COS on all mailboxes, and now I see that all mailboxes are doing this regardless of COS.

Here is what I have:
10 - COS is 5 (Operator, not manned and kept on DND, which I had turned off at one point thinking that was the issue)
12 - COS is 5
13 - COS is 2
17 - COS is 5
22 - COS is 5
71 - COS is 2 (Isn't this an AA port?)
72 - COS is 5 ("")
73 - COS is 5 ("")
9991 - COS is 5 (General delivery)
9992 - COS is 5 (""2)
9993 - COS is 5 (""3)
9997 - COS is 5 (System Administrator obviously)

So it appears that 12-22 are all user mailboxes and are all having the same problem. I just wasn't aware of that because only 13 and 22 were complaining about it)

Hopefully these added details are enough to figure it out.

Thanks and sorry for not including this much detail to begin with.

TouchToneTommy,

Thanks a Ton!

That was it.

I figured it was soemthing simple.

I changed all users to COS 2 and that fixed it.

Thanks to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back