Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outside calling from CUCM to IPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbjohnson78

Technical User
Nov 1, 2011
US
I am having a problem using the IPO to make outside calls from CUCM. I have a SIP trunk between the 2 and I can see in the monitor that the number hits the IPO trunk, but doesn't go anywhere. I can make calls to extensions on the IPO fine, but not outside calls.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

As it is a SIP trunk the system checks for valid users/group extn numbers, the number you are dialling from the Cisco will not match these so it ignores it. You need to make it look in Incoming call route using the *** URI and then create an entry in there to capture and then dial the digits out it's own trunks.

The reason you have to do this and the reason it is not a default setup is it would allow toll fraud. Count yourself lucky the IPOffice is so flexible as this is not even possible on many systems (Mitel 5000 for example) :)

"No problem monkey socks

amriddle01 - Can you give me an example on how to set this up? I'm sending a 9 with the number to the IPO so I can route it to the outside. How would I do this with the URI? Sorry, I'm a little new to SIP. Thanks for the quick reply.

What IPO release are you using?

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

We were on 8.1.44 and still experienced the same issue. amriddle01 seems to know what needs to be done, but I'm not entirely sure I know how to complete this task. I would like to try his method first, before introducing any other possible issues. I'm trying to figure out how to accomplish the recommendation for the Incoming call route using the *** URI. I don't know if I simply use ***, or if this needs to be replaced with something else.

If you don't upgrade you might get the following issues :)

IPOFFICE-36829 | One way speech path incoming calls if arrive via VoiceMailPro from a SIP trunk | 8.1.52 | 8.1 2Q 2013 Release

IPOFFICE-37185 | ip500v2 resetting with SIP related memory leak every 15 days | 8.1.52 | 8.1 2Q 2013 Release

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

OK, I have read that using h.323 might be the better route to go. Would I run into the same issue if I go this route instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back